by Hazel Straub Keep your attention and focus on the main thing. We are in a long race and cannot afford to get distracted. Jesus must have our focus, gaze and attention. Having problems? Give them to him. He is your problem solver and intercedes for you, with Father God. We, believers in Jesus, are […]
i admit, i just do my devotional, because i have to, but this time, i re read again what’s the meaning of doing our devotion and how it will affect our day to day activities.
Hope this one helps! 🙂
S.O.A.P. DEVOTIONAL METHOD
S.O.A.P. Bible Study Method A SIMPLE SYSTEM FOR DEVOTIONS Getting Started
- Identify a consistent time and place to meet with God.
- Turn off all distractions to focus on your time with God.
- Using a bible reading plan greatly assists your passage selection, www.youversion.com is very helpful.
- Read the entire passage of scripture that you have identified.
- Pick one verse from the passage that speaks to you.
- Copy that verse at the top of your entry for that page.
- Observe what the verse says. Think about who it was addressed to and why it was written. Ponder its meaning, tone and purpose.
- Take several moments to meditate on it and let it soak into your heart.
- Write down your observations in a paragraph or few sentences in your journal.
- Write out how you plan to put into practice the lesson from what you have read?
- How will you be different today as a result of what you‘ve just read? How does this verse apply to me?
- Write out word for word your prayer to God based on your reading.
- Ask him to help you and thank him for his word.